- You have been asked to create a podcast. Which of the above tools (or name another) you would use? Briefly explain the procedure you would use to create the podcast.
I researched a few voice recording apps for an iphone and I really like the features of SuperNote. They offer a free version and one that you can purchase. I chose the one to purchase because there is an unlimited length of voice recording, you could pause the recording, and you could upload the recording to dropbox, which is a file storage system I use. http://www.clearskyapps.com/portfolio/super-note
Podcast creation procedure:
- Create a script or written document of what you will read in your podcast.
- Practice reading out loud, note intonation, pauses.
- Open the app and select “lecture.” Title your lecture appropriately so it’s easy to find later.
- Record all the way through and listen to it. This is your first run.
- Record again until you like what you hear!
- Upload file to dropbox
- Open the file in iTunes, but then create a new version (mp3)
- If using a Weebly drag and drop website (that’s what I use with iPage), drag the audio icon where you want it and upload your mp3 file.
- Update the caption of your podcast with the title and your name.
- You have been asked to help create a presentation that demonstrates how to resize a photograph using Adobe Photoshop. Which of the above tools (or name another) would you use? How would you go about creating the presentation?
Based on the list that was given to us, Camstasia would be the way to go about this type of project. It allows you to create a video presentation with the feature of recording on your screen. The Camstasia website provides several tutorials to help anyone get started on creating an instructional video. As with a podcast, you want to prepare and outline or script. You also need a storyboard before you begin recording. Once you have recorded your video, you will go into the editing stage. You can also add captions to your video either using the speech to text feature or by entering the captions manually.
- What are tools like Articulate and Captivate for? What features do they offer that would be hard to replicate with less expensive tools?
Articulate and Captivate are tools to create Learning Management Systems. They offer quiz builders, collaboration tools, and much more. They also have animation building features which gain learner attention, video production tools. Captivate even offers a simulation builder.
- Create a presentation! Your presentation must include the following:
Please look at my ePortfolio at www.studyscholar.com
I acknowledge that my responses to numbers 1-3 above are brief, to say the least. However, I have been preparing for the Comprehensive Exam for this program which I am taking tomorrow (2/14). As a way to prepare for my comp, I have created audio podcasts to some of the practice questions we answered in ETEC 542D. It was a lot of work, but it has helped me study and get this assignment done all at once.
- Explain your presentation development method, procedures and technology. This is to be posted on your blog. Cover the following:
5a) What did you do to prepare to develop the presentation? First, I had to find a recording app that I could use with my phone since I can adjust how close or far I hold it from my mouth. I chose SuperNote because it had the least poor reviews. I also had to prepare my phone by making space for my recordings.
5b) Did you create the transcript first? Why or why not? Yes I did. I had my papers already written and there were some pieces on my website that were already there (like the Seymour Papert text) that I decided to audio record as well. I am glad that I had the transcript because there was no way I would be able to articulate so much information without pausing, stumbling, etc.
5c) Explain your development process. Opened files, read files out loud, recorded first run, listened for editing purposes, re-recorded, uploaded to dropbox, opened in itunes, changed file to mp3, uploaded to website.
5d) Explain how you addressed (or would address) ADA considerations in your presentation. I addressed ADA considerations by providing text for hearing impaired, audio and contrasting colors for vision impaired.
5e)What did you learn about creating presentations? Holy Cow! It is a lot of work to record myself! I found myself having to stop several times at the beginning to clear my throat, stop being nervous, annunciate better, stick to the script! The one feature I disliked about the app was that if I made a mistake at the end, I would have to start all over again because I couldn’t record over something that was already there.